As an employer, the practice has a duty to care for the health and safety of its staff. The practice also has a legal responsibility to provide a safe and secure working environment for its staff. Therefore, the practice is committed to doing everything possible to protect staff, patients and visitors from unacceptable behaviour, and has 'zero tolerance' of any incident that causes hurt, alarm, damage or distress.
Our practice staff are here to help you; our aim is to be as polite and helpful as possible to all patients. If you consider that you have been treated unfairly or inappropriately, please ask the reception staff to contact our Practice Manager who will be happy to address your concerns. However, shouting or swearing at practice staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances, and patients who are abusive may be removed from the practice list.
Examples of unacceptable standards of behaviour:
- Physical violence or aggression
- Verbal abuse or aggression
- Racial abuse or sexual harassment
- Offensive or threatening behaviour
- Causing damage to or stealing from the practice premises
- Abusing alcohol or drugs on the practice premises
- Obtaining drugs or medical services fraudulently
Furthermore, the practice will not hesitate to take legal action whenever it is appropriate to do so.